As a follow-up to my previous post..
janemarcus: What I like to do when I’m bored is browse the thousands of beautiful pictures on deviantart. I’ve done this for as long as I can remember, and not once has it let me down. I will therefore now share with you some of my favorites. DeviantArt is my #1 source for graphics, top-notch quality. My former co-worker turned me on to it.
MADDOX, IS THAT YOU? →
An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.– Jef Mallett (via enquotations)
mike: i got it, yeah, i might have to. Or just quiet. I've been thinking of doing that too
me: if you quit, as you're walking out say "fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you"
me: come on, no lol?
me: i did
mike: wait, whats the from?
me: i can never remember, but for the last 2 weeks everytime i leave a room with people in it, i say it
The story of a jerk
theloveyturtle: Yesterday I had a client come in three days early for a meeting, expecting me to have a full presentation ready for him. After me, my boss, and two other co-workers informed him that the presentation wasn’t ready he flipped his shit and left, storming out of the office. Today I had to go the the heads of my department and explain to them and the asshole client via conference...
My First Panoramic
Check out this picture I made. It’s about 40 different photo’s combined. Location: Jalama Beach, CA, on top of my uncle’s RV.
jakeandamir: Nantucket I keep waiting for Jake and Amir video’s to start getting old, but they have staying power like Old Spice
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia > Arrested Development, imo.
30 Ways to Make your Life More Simple
1. Resign from a commitment you’re not passionate about.
2. Stop trying to be perfect.
3. Implement a basic cleaning schedule.
4. Sign up for automatic billpay.
5. Automate a portion of your investing.
6. Clean out your media collection and keep only the items you love.
7. Plant perennials that will automatically bloom next spring.
8. Clean out your purse or wallet.
9. Put a paper shredder next to your mail spot.
10. Winnow your wardrobe down to pieces that work together.
11. Delete any social networking accounts you don’t actually use.
12. Add your number to the do-not-call list.
13. Create a car maintenance schedule and post it somewhere you’ll see it.
14. Design a filing system that you can stick to.
15. Start your day with a healthy meal.
16. Turn your phone off when you need quiet time.
17. Invest in a programmable thermostat.
18. Set one good goal, and go achieve it.
19. Record your good “shower” ideas and then implement them. (Don’t we all get our best inspirations in the shower?)
20. Write to a friend with (gasp!) pen and paper.
21. Set limits on your bad habits, and reward yourself when you stick with them.
22. Stop trying to be a saint and indulge yourself every once in a while.
23. Pay off your credit card debt.
24. Avoid watching commercials and reading advertisements.
25. Rediscover the pleasure of reading purely for enjoyment.
26. Plan two weeks of delicious meals ahead of time and skip the nightly grocery run.
27. Go to your doctor for a preventative checkup.
28. Remember the joys of doing nothing.
29. Singletask as much as possible.
30. Learn to ask for help.
from http: //www.onsimplicity.net/2008/07/30-ways-to-make-your-life-more-simple/
I found every single successful person I’ve ever spoken to had a turning point....– Brian Tracey (via onherway)(via peggyanne) (via thefunnyone) (via theloveyturtle)
Just signed the lease to my first solo apartment. I think it’s the beginning of the next phase of my life.
When I was twenty, I worried what everything thought of me. When I turned forty,...– quote from Bob Hope, from the graduation speech Patton Oswald gave to this year’s graduating class at his high school. Ricky just posted about it, and the speech is really worth the read… but, only if you like things that are smart and funny and inspiring. Maybe you hate that stuff. I don’t know!...
SURVIVING YOUR TWENTIES
shimmerandshine: “They call it the “quarter-life crisis.” It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that there are many things about yourself that you didn’t know and may not like. You start feeling insecure and wonder where you will be in a year or two, but then get scared because you barely know where you are now. You start realizing that people are selfish and that,...
We better all enjoy Pandora while it lasts, since it looks like they’ll be shutting down soon.
BG Patterns →
matthewb: Web app for producing tiled background images.
Going on an Adventure
I’ll be literally off the grid until Sunday. Signing out, Brian
Earning and Making Money are two very different things– (via poortaste)
Dammit, you were all right. Everyone raves about the awesomeness of Arrested Development but I’ve always eluded the show. That is until Hulu put up the entire series episode-by-episode for free. Just finished season one and am astonished by the quality of product.
“I’m amazed by their skills at seeing black as white, of portraying aggressors as victims and of blamimg the real victims for the consequences of the conflict.” -Vladimir Putin, on the U.S. government’s blatant involvement in the Georgian-Russian War .
Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.– Samuel Johnson (via enquotations)
ANYONE LOOKING FOR A JOB? →
Pineapple Express was funny. 7/10 Some individual scenes will rank up there as all-time classics, but the movie as a whole? Just o.k.
Porta-Potty Rule of Thumb
If it’s yellow it’s mellow If it’s brown, it’s also mellow
Why didn't I think of that?
A company called Slydial will soon introduce technology that allows you to directly access somebody’s voice mail without having to risk them answering the phone. *Awkward conversations everywhere rejoice
Highly into this song at the moment Paper Planes...
caragh: It really creeps me out/scares me/intrigues me that I have the ability to kill someone. Or hurt someone badly. Or molest someone. Or kill myself. I could walk into my lovely, elderly neighbors house and stab her. I don’t WANT to do these things, I’m just mortified that I have the ability to and it’s one of those things that consumes my thoughts when I’m feeling badly and my mind...